Thursday, April 9, 2009

A little cagie fun and some blog candy!

So I absolutly adore the new clear stamps from Basic Grey called Porcelain Aviary is just beautiful! I was playing with it all day yesterday as my car decided to break down. I am working up some ideas for my grandma's 90th birthday party and though these birdcages were just so sweet.

Here is what I came up with on my first attempt. I used some of my favorite CTMH paper from the level 2 paper pack Perfect Day...love it! I think it can use a little ribbon but I just didn't have any that made it work so I added some brads instead and aged it a little on the sides.

I think of all the bird cages taht come in the set that this one if my favorite. I like the playfulness of it. I am debating on adding a little color to the bottom of the cage where it is solid.


The next card I did fetaured some paper from the Paper Garden I am really liking the way this card turned out and I got to use some ribbon and the rinestone brads that I just adore. It is a little simple but that is ok especially if I have to make a ton of them.

My next card did not turn out so great but I thought I would share just in case anyone had an idea on how to fix it. Again it uses Paper Garden. I really wanted to incorporate my fun punch from the Martha Stewart collection. I also love to sand the CTMH paper so that the white shows through. I aded some fiber so it looks like it is hanging and an eyelet.

Moving on...


I decided to try some bright colors along with one of my favorte card paterns. This paper is using the fun and coloreful Chloe's Closet line from Making Memories.

The last card I made uses More to Adore paper by CTMH it is fun and funky and has Pailsey's in it...how can I not love this paper.

I thought this turned out super. I added a cute brown felt flower with a brad center. I think we might make this one for my stamp club tonight. It should be fun.

On all of these I have room to put your invited on the front and then the inside would have all the fun details. Once a final choice is made I will make sure to do another blog about how the invites turned out and how the party went.

Now moving on to the blog candy... it is a great little calender set that is great for making cards, scrapbook pages, or fun little projects. Here is what the set looks like


I will also add some paper and embelishments so that you can make a few cards.

Please leave a comment by April 15th and I will chose a random person for some blog candy.

I hope you have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I am loving all of the cards, great Inspiration.....

    ReplyDelete