Friday, May 8, 2009

Down by the seashore











Many moons ago I drove all by myself from Chicago to the Atlantic ocean with my girls. It was a huge thing for me at the time and I think it still would be today. It was amazing and wonderful I had them convinced that they would see blue grass in Kentucky, we stayed with a friend in North Carolina and then on the way home we went into a cool cave. It was an awsome vacation! I had always wanted to dip my toes in the Atlantic as I had never been to the east coast. It was very pretty and so much fun. The waves are so much smaller than they are in the Pacific.
Anyway you want to know about the scrapbook pages not my vaction. This is from a on line crop challenge over at Personal Scrapper. The task...do a black and white page and use either color or black and white photos as well. Originally I was going to do color photos but then I ran across these as I was getting together photo's for my 8th graders recognition night. I knew right away that I wanted to use these photos of my girls on the beach!
I loved the polka dots from the get go but struggled with the flowers and the rub ons...did I want buttons, did I want rub ons, journaling space, something else? I decided on the rub ons as they are cute and fun!
The flowers came to me at the last minute and then I decided to do the black brads in the middle and oh...so cute. Just like my little girls in their matching suits.
Oh how I miss those days when I could get away with matching outfits. These are very pretty to with fun bright colors. Perfect for a day at the beach.
I love the simplicity and the pure wonder that is caught in these photos.
I can't wait to get that new baby girl to the beach and man oh man I need a family vacation as the last one was apparently durring the summer of 2000. Yikes!
The paper is from the Silhouette level 2 paper pack and then you have the colonial white flowers and black brads and My Stickease letters.

1 comment: