Saturday, May 2, 2009

Life is good...



So I got this new stamp set Treetops and I think it is so much fun I had big plan for it. I thought oh...these trees would look so cute if they had a few layers on them.

I was looking at my friend Debra's blog last week and she had the most adorable postage card. I have not made one of these in years and I have always just loved them. She also has a template that is available.

So here are the layers up close














I used Sweet Leaf, Chocolate, and Hollyhock. I also sponged the sky with Crystal Blue. The patterned paper is from Boom-D-ada.

I waned to make a card that was fun and pretty. I spent the morning going to garage sales with my three girls. It was so nice out and there were so many that we just put the baby in the stroller and found all sorts of good stuff. My mission was to find baby clothes. My little one wore 12 months for about 2 seconds and is now in 18 months. At first it was all about the boy clothes and I was starting to think that maybe their were no boys in the town. Then I found it...a garage sale with adorable girl clothes yeah! We went to a ton more of them and found super cute stuff and then we went to lunch. As I was sitting there with my girls I thougth...life is good.


That is why I decided to work with this set when I got home cuae life is good. When I look at this card it makes me smile. Spring is here and it also makes me smile. My girls make me smile. My husband makes me smile. Blue skys and flowers make me smile...




I hope you tood time to smile and I hope you think life is good too!


6 comments:

  1. So cute - love those trees - they were the first stamps I ordered from the new book - TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this a lot! I thought of doing that with this set but haven't tried it yet. Great inspiration. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is wicked cute!!!!! I need this stamp set I think

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you used that tree stamp. Your card is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy... this is absolutely adorable. I LOVE IT! This is one of my favorite stamp sets too! It is one you have to have!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  6. All together GREAT card!! Love the layers on the trees.

    ReplyDelete