Wednesday, August 12, 2009

You Color My World

How many times have we heard that for a scrapbook page title? I imagine quite a few. I have actually never done a page using that title until now.

Earlier this week I had a fun event at my uplines place and she was calling it Chocolate University (more on that later) and she wanted to have a few shoebox swaps.

I love swaps I can't get enough of them so I went ahead and volunteered.

I started out making page elements and I thought I would just call them page candy. My fellow consultant Linda is not a big card maker and the last time we swapped she made a super cute topper. I though oh if I just do some elements then I can show that you can either use them on a card or on a page.

So I set off to do just that. I though this journal box could also be the inside of a card.

I still needed more though and soon I found myself ditching the candy idea, though I do plan to come back to it at a later date. So I ditched the calendar and just decided to do up a whole page!

I had some photo's of my daughter, yes again in 2007, at the end of the school year. I didn't really know what I wanted to do with these pics but I did remember that she was wearting RED. I also knew that the paper I was working with Animal Cookies was full of primary colors.
Yep you see the light bulb over my head nwo don't you. LOL

The photos went perfect with the paper. In the journaling box I talked about how they were painted up until they played all day in the rain.

The kids loved it! As you can see at the end of the day I also mounted the photo and gave it a little side stamping as well. I love the way it turned out! They were drenched and had no more color on their faces or in their hair.

So there is my swap. The stamp set I used is called Priceless Love Word Puzzle I have loved this set since I got it but this was the first time that I actually used it.

Now I am a double page girl pretty much anything I do involves two pages. So here is the companion page that I came up with. Now the swap was only the one page.

I love how this turned out with the jumbo hearts and the top notch die peeking out from under.

I think the journaling on this part is so fun as well.

"Your last week of school - Special"
"Getting to play soccer in the rain on a hot day - Sweet"
"Beating the boys! - Priceless"




I leave you today with a close up of the hearts. These were two whole hearts but I cut them apart so that I could intertwine them.

1 comment:

  1. That page is so cute and I love the paper behind the word color!!!

    ReplyDelete