Monday, October 19, 2009

Color my world with chocolate....yummy!

So I love to make altered items here and there. I am trying to stay one up on the holidays this year and saw these tea tins on line and thought this would make a great gift for teachers or co-workers. I mean you don't find a lot of people who do not like chocolate.



I first decided to use up my left over paper from a swap from ONE kit. Sometimes I cannot believe how far a kit can go it is fabulous! It is funny too because when I first saw this paper it was not my style per say but I have made the cutest things with it and it has turned out to be one of my favorite kits. Animal Cookies can be found in the summer 2009 idea book.



I did the lids first just because it was the easiest thing to start with. I took a circle and then put some of the foam numbers on top randomly. This one happens to be 1,2,3 but it doesn't have to be that way. I did want to make sure I got different sizes and colors though.



Next I did the body of the tin, I tried it a few different ways but it works best if you first put the card stock on and then the B&T duos paper I used a heavy duty adhesive as the card stock is heavy and since it is sitting up right. I loved how the top notch die looked in my swap so I used it again here.



Stamp set was Priceless Love which I am looking forward to using on some valentines day projects for my honey.



Once you have the design down and all of your paper on fill the tin with little chocolates and wala...a yummy little treat for someone special!


























1 comment: