Friday, June 4, 2010

Fathers Day Vest Card

So if you were able to check out the blog hop this month you may have stumbled upon a super cute card made by Melissa Burch that was made into a vest and shirt. As I was stamping my set of cards I just knew that I had to take the idea and run with it. Problem is I have never made one of these criss cross cards. I remembered though that I have a book full of interesting folds and low and behold that card was in there whoo hooo. Combo that with my Martha Steward score board and I was able to make the perfect vest. The name of the book if you are intersted is Fabulous Folds for Cardmaking. It also has a bunch of neat flowers inside as well as tons of Iris folding patterns. Ok back to this card:
Stamp set is Wonderful Friend and Say it in Style. I used Cocoa and Colonial White cardstock. I also popped up the tie and scored the front of the card every 1/4 to make it look like pin strips. Another thing I did was to cut the bottom so it looks like a real vest and I added a pocket and a little hankie.

Here is the inside:
and a close up.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. Love the tie on the inside, so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super Cute! I love the scoring. :)

    ReplyDelete