Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Enjoy...


That is what the sign says that I made for a co-worker who recently retired. For the past 7 1/2 years we have worked together side by side. For at least half of those years I have been telling her to retire, she deserves it and will love it. She loves to quilt and so when we decided to make banners for her party I knew what I wanted to do. Make a cool banner that looks like a quilt. After many false starts with all sorts of different papers I finally went with A Perfect Day and the word Enjoy.

After I decided which quilts to use I marked out my grid and cut all my tiny pieces. Mmmm...who's idea was this anyway. Haha
I found my quilts online and used real ones as a guide of where to put what pattern paper

Making progress

Some of the bits hung off the edge but I knew I was going to cut it with the Top Notch Die from Stampin Up

Ok here are the individual letters. I hope you like them.


In the end I decided to put the banner up and down so that if she wanted to she can hang it in her sewing room.

Materials: Perfect Day from CTMH, Die from PaperTrey Ink Mat Stack 2, Buttons and Waxy Flax from CTMH, Cocoa Cardstock, Juniper Cardstock, Tulip Cardstock, Chipboard Letters Stampin Up

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful gift, Amy! I am also a quilter, and I know what you put into making this beautiful reminder of your friendship! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Banners are used in the yearly Palio race of Italy to tell one individual contrade from the other. The race, taking place in many towns across Italy, ends in Siena, where the winner is awarded a silk banner.
    banners

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, this is amazing! Looks like you put a lot of work into it. I'm sure it will be treasured!

    ReplyDelete