Thursday, June 23, 2011

Inspired by sunshine

We have been having tons and tons of rain here but yesterday was the first day of summer and in the morning we had lots of sunshine. I guess all that sun the tiny glimpse of sun made me want to work with orange and yellow. Something I never ever do.
I am glad I was inspired before the rain came back as i really like the way this card turned out.
I have not done a long post or a bit of a tutorial in quite some time so I thought I would give it a whirl. First I inked up my new Inspired Stamps stamp set Flowers in some white ink. I love this look.

Then I broke out the embossing stuff. I have not embossed in so long! Can we say fun? I will say it FUN had a blast...not to much of a blast though as I don't want to blow my powder off my project.

Then I inked up a scripture stamp set John 14:6 again in white and added embossing powder.

TIP: I like to hold down my paper with some sort of long object so I don't burn my fingertips when I emboss.

Next up my Copics. I love coloring on color paper it just adds a little more interest to the project.

Once I am done coloring I cut out my flower and move on to some embellishments. This is going to be a sort of paper ribbon so I crinkle it up.

flatten it out and then tear the edge.

Folding it down and securing it. I secured it with staples but you could also sew it or use super strong adhesive. I also added a bauble to the inside of the flower on top of the paper cut circle.

another view

and another so you can see the layers and the dimension

and here it is my card in all it sunny glory. I hope you like it.


Head on over to Inspired Stamps on Facebook and enter your name in a giveaway.

Supplies: Inspired Stamps (Flowers & John 14:6), Bazzill Cardstock (Beeswax & Pinecone), Scenic Route Grafton pattern paper, SU white ink and embossing powder, SU build a brad, CTMH ribbon and waxy flax, buttons, corner rounder, pop dots, Copic markers 

5 comments:

  1. Very nice and summery, love the paper ribbon, I'll have to give it try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is fabulous! I love the colors and the embossing! Makes me want to get out my embossing stuff! Love it =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so charming, amy! love your paper ribbon:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I am going to have to emboss some flowers now!

    ReplyDelete