Monday, June 27, 2011

Something old...something new

but nothing borrowed and nothing blue.

So I have not used twinkling H2o's in forever and ever. I remember when I first saw them I had to have them and I wanted them all. For once I had a little self control and only bought a little 6 pack and I have to say I am so glad I used restraint as once I gt them home they sat...and they sat...and they sat some more. 

When I got my goodies a few weeks ago from Inspired Stamps I was looking over the stamp sets and trying to decide what I wanted to play with first. They were all adorable and I just wasn't sure what I was in the mood to do. I still had a tiny tiny bit of paper left from an old kit and so I at least knew that I wanted to do something with scraps. It is funny as I am always tossing scraps into the recycle bin but with kits I feel like I have to use every last piece. I guess I like to just challenge myself. Haha!

I decided I would make a Thank You card and use Comfort and the 1" circle sentiments and so I started playing and this is what I came up with.
I lay down the color on the twinkling H2o's and it didn't have any depth but it had some nice shine. I decided to add Prisma color pencils to add shadows. Wow am I glad I thought of that. The result make a lot of texture and gave the pot and the flowers the depth I was looking for. The pot ended up looking just like a real terra cotta planter and the flowers were shiny and pretty. I decided to add some bling to the middle to make them even happier and brighter.

Here is the full card.

I popped the flowers up off the square.

Here you can see a little more of the shading.



Have a great day. Do you have old stuff that you hardly ever use? What is it? Try and use it this week!

5 comments: