Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Stop and smell the flowers

I saw a scrapbook challenge over at Heart 2 Heart. I always forget they have them but have you seen them? They are awesome. I am trying to take some time for myself, to do things that I enjoy...sort of stopping to smell the flowers. Anyway I have been stopping and enjoying life. The start of the year was pretty crazy at our house and one thing that it made me do is to take a step back and just breathe.

I took these photo's last spring of my daughter and to look at them just makes me smile. When I saw the sketch challenge with the large photo I knew right away that I wanted to use these photos. I shifted around the title and the embellishments a little but overall I stayed pretty true to the sketch.
I popped up some of the letters in the title. 
and the heart in the tree. I also did a little freehand journaling to my little one just telling her to always take time to appreciate the little things in life and the beauty all around her.



Supplies:
Cardstock: Hollyhock, Colonial White, Cocoa (CTMH)
Pattern Paper: Mayberry - Level 1 kit (CTMH)

1 comment:

  1. It is good to see you scrapping up a storm again Amy....lovely layout and lovely cards too.

    ReplyDelete