Monday, July 23, 2012

Fun with Pins

At Practical Scrapers we are showing you fun ways to use pins on Cards and Layouts. I have been trying to figure out what in the world to do with these photo's of my daughter on the last day of school for about a month. Last week I decided to slide into the last few weeks of Got Sketch's latest class Express 3. When I {heart} it when that happens. 

These photo's are from my daughters last day of school Sophomore year. I have no idea where the time has went but these papers from Close to my Heart called Notebook are just perfect. Now I have had this paper in my bin for oh...about 3 or 4 years. I really am trying to be better about using it when I buy it.  So grab some of your stash and go check out what everyone else did with pins and then get busy making something beautiful. 


Here is a great tip on on how to attach the pins to your layouts and cards. Just use a pop dot or some foam tape and stick the tip of the pin inside. This will give you extra dimension and a place to put your pin. 


As you can see I have one of the pins under and one over they are both stuck into foam tape.


I also wanted to give you a view of the banner boarder. I adore banners and that is a trend that I hope doesn't end anytime soon.


To get the layered look of the banner I put my adhesive down in a strip using a adhesive tape gun. The strip is about 1/4" so then I cut out all of the banners on my Cricut and stuck each one down at the top. After that I just fluffed or rolled up the bottom. This gave it a added dimension without giving it any bulk. This is one of my favorite techniques. You can also do that with flowers and butterflies.



1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous layout Amy. Yes, I am back to blogging;-)

    I love all your pennants on the layout.

    ReplyDelete