Monday, September 10, 2012

Hexagons + Big Cards + Photo's = oh my...

[edited: octagons...I am really having a Monday today. I really do know my shapes.]

Hi everyone sorry I have been a little MIA I have been making some more great projects and just winding down from summer. I think I have gotten into a pretty good routine so you should see me around several times a week. Yesterday was grandparents day.  Over at Heart 2 Heart this week they are talking about BIG cards...last week it was all about the mini but this week we are going big. I thought it would be fun to make a big card for Grandparents Day yesterday because we all know how BIG an impact grandma's and grandpa's have on our lives.  At Practical Scrappers they are talking Hexagons...they are all the rage. I love them you might love them it seems like everyone loves them! I was trying to figure out where I could get a pattern and cut them by hand and then I discovered that I have a hexagon shape on my potpourri cricut cartridge...have I mentioned how much I {heart} my cricut lately?

Here is my card. I decided to get out my Stella paper pack and enjoy the cooler fall like weather we have been having.


I feel like no card for a grandparent would be complete without some smiling faces...so surprise this is a photo card!


Here are my three beauties a few months ago. I feel like I can never get all of them to look and smile at the camera at the same time. 


I am really in love with the colors in this card and thought I would just give you a close up of those Mocha Gems. I also did some faux hand-stitching around the edges both inside and outside.


I hope you feel inspired this week to play with hexagons, make a BIG card, or add some photo's to your next creation. 

5 comments:

  1. Love your card design, Amy, and your girls are beautiful. But your hexagons have eight sides...so I guess strictly speaking they're octagons! regardless, they made for a great spread across your card--I'll be lifting that idea, thank-you,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card!!! you have beautiful girls! I have nominated you for the Liebster award

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Love the hexagons!! Seems to be all the rage! Great colors and I love how you added the photo on the inside :)
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card! I love the hexagons, and then the photo inside just tops it off! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card! Great use of the paper and embellishments.

    ReplyDelete